Sunday, February 7, 2010

Finally, something I like...I hope

Finally finally something came up, to get me out of my "hole", had been actively searching for jobs since I arrived but nothing of interest came up, and last night I saw a post of Taiwanese backpackers forum about work exchange program with "Lady Musgrave Cruise", and it appeals to me so much that the first thing I did this morning when I woke up was to call them straightaway.

Spoke to the person in charge, she was explaining all sort of things over the phone, but I got a little carried away about the prospect of working near the sea that I do not register much of what she said. What I did catch is that I will be helping out in at the cruise company, taking out chinese tourist, do some explanation, show them around island, and get them back on board safely, and eventually I will also be taking them out on snorkelling trips as such. At the same time I will be working for a dive shop 2 days in a week, helping out with dive trips. With all this, I got around AUD 100 per week and free accommodation and a rescue diver certification. So I guess that is not too bad, is it??

And the best part is??I get to dive at Great Barrier Reef for free, hehe.....so even though the pay is a lil low, I guess I have nothing to lose and I am here to have a great time, so why not???

Really looking forward to it now, leaving Brisbane tomorrow already!Yahooooooooo!!!

3 comments:

  1. Congrat!! Happy Start Working...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Navy sea sister ah yin: walow that really sound like a cool job..........!!! u must be enjoying now..!! ahhaa

    ReplyDelete

Great place to be

Great place to be
If only I can wake up to this view everyday.