Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Living in Malaysia again....

Slowly friends around me started to accept the fact that I am staying in the country for REAL. Many find it difficult to believe but it is true, just trust me, please... I suppose I do not have a very convincing track record to prove my word, well well....

After my last long stint in Australia, I came back last year in April but did not stay too long as I joined friends to Nepal, then continue my solo trip to India (solo yet again, and India my dear is not the best place, I know I know! India really is not such a bad place, India continues to surprise you everytime you blink your eyes, haha.. ) and 2 months at home later I flew to Qatar for a 2 months visit and finally flew home early Dec. So, have been home for 4 months, and rest assure am feeling totally fine and at ease. No urge to leave again, though I must say I do miss my time overseas, but it's also about time to start doing something with future in mind, I guess....

So I started a business with a friend, an old friend who chooses to believe in my capability even though I have only been wandering around country to country for the past errrr 5++ years. (Is it really that long???) He approached me with a business proposal and offer letter, pretty hard to refuse I have to say. Besides, it's a new venture new experience, plenty of challenges lies ahead, but isn't life about overcoming challenges?? And I sure have nothing to lose! So deal signed, I am now a hardworking city person and have made up my mind about staying for a while. Let's not guess how long that would be, as long as it takes I think.

So what do I love about being home?? Many countries I visited are beautiful in their own unique way, I love it there - scenery, people, food, but no place makes me feel as home as Malaysia. The only place I can really call home. Family, friends, food, languages being spoken, scenery, everything is so familiar and welcoming, all these makes me feel so happy to be home.

Having said that, I must say I wish for some improvement in Malaysia. I still do not like the traffic in city, I always wonder if the road system or the people is causing such bad traffic, I miss the courteous drivers overseas (not everywhere but some countries do have better drivers) ; the political situation makes me feel sad and am really hoping that things will change soon ; Our monotonous weather can be a little dull sometimes but not having to wrap yourself up immediately the moment you come out of hot shower is actually something I really missed when am in cold country (it's strange how these little things matters so much sometimes) ; More smoke free zone especially in dining places and many more. I hope I will eventually see the improvements am hoping for.

And last but not least, I miss the "hug" culture overseas, where friends give each other a hug when we meet, we give everyone a hug in the morning, we give someone who is sad a hug, we hug a friend when we are tired, makes you feel supported, I really wish we could adopt this, that would be so great!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Great place to be

Great place to be
If only I can wake up to this view everyday.