Monday, January 5, 2009

My travel plan and me

Being a "bum" means that people around me are constantly asking me these questions :

- where are you going next?
- when are you going home?
- when are you going to start traveling again?

The funny things is, I usually do not have any answers for them, not because I am not willing to share but is because I have not made up my mind yet. I always have a rough plan in my head which I made by looking at the map and which I usually wrote on a piece of recycle paper hidden somewhere. So I can usually tell my friend that I would like to see Italy and Iceland, and I would like to go on Trans-Siberia train, but I do not know when, or how, or the sequence of the occurence.

At one point or another, I will look at the crumpled plan of mine and told myself "that's it, this is how I'm going to do it!" and set it aside. The problem is, my so call "plan" always end up in dead alley because I did not take into consideration the transport, the weather etc etc, so which means after a few search online I realized that the "plan" need to be reorganize, so here we go again. Another look at the map, another add and remove, and I have my new plan which sometimes can be quite different from the original.

Then when a friend told me that she is planning to go to India for a month, I started to think again whether or not I should fly to India since now I have 2 friends who will be there. One is my old time friend who I would really love to go backpacking with before she become a mum and the other one is my crazy slovak friend who I think will certainly make my trip unbelievably interesting and exciting. Yet again, I sat down and staring at the computer screen trying to decide, and in the end I decided to sleep on it and will see how I feel about it tomorrow.

Maybe just maybe I have too much time, if I set a deadline, maybe it would have been easier???I really dunno..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Great place to be

Great place to be
If only I can wake up to this view everyday.