Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Coincidence - In Australia

Arrived Australia this morning in Coolangatta Airport in Gold Coast, only realized 2 hours prior to landing that this airport is located some distance away from Brisbane city. As I was roaming around the arrival area trying to find out how to get to Brisbane, a man offered me a ride to the city, telling me that he overheard my conversation, due to my loud voice. (Sigh, still as loud as ever...)

While waiting for his wife to arrive, we started talking. He is a Malaysian too, but has been in Australia for the past 20 over years. Then he mentioned that food in Kelantan is much cheaper compared to KL and I agreed by mentioning "nasi berlauk", which is a unique breakfast for people in Kelantan and Terengganu. He was surprised that I knew until I told him that I am from Kelantan so nasi berlauk is in the blood, haha.... Then as we talked more, we soon realized that we are actually distance relative. His mum's brother is my aunty's husband, complicated??Hope not, but we both share same cousin, that at least is straight forward enough, right??

He remembered his cousin telling him about a relative coming over, and I remembered hearing my cousin mentioned about his cousins in Australia, when two were put together, we have aclear picture. Upon realizing that we are relatives, he offered me to stay at his place for a few days.

So, here I am......such a small world, and such coincidence, luck is with me AGAIN.....for that I am truly grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Great place to be

Great place to be
If only I can wake up to this view everyday.